Young people need our support
Like many, we are concerned about the impact that the Coronavirus pandemic has had on children and young people. Some young people have drawn closer to God, but many have found tough circumstances and painful experiences have challenged their faith.
Local Youth Leaders have worked hard to help their young people remotely, but as followers of Christ, we are designed to live in relationship with each other as well as with God – building each other up in our faith.
A new way of doing ministry
We pray that we will soon able able to bring young people and children together again to worship, pray and learn more about their Heavenly Father. But God has been doing amazing things throughout the crisis and we have discovered new ways of supporting leaders, their children, young people and families…
Virtual network meetings for leaders have helped support, share ideas and have also provided training on current issues such as ‘Loss and Young People in a COVID-19 Society‘.
New Facebook groups for leaders have helped many feel connected and supported from beyond their church community.
“Thank you to all at Thrive for your support over the past few months – the meetings have been an invaluable source of strength and comfort to me. It’s been amazing seeing how God is working through us and around us all, even though we are on “lock down”. Thank you so much for being around when things get tricky! It’s been great to keep in-touch with all the other children’s workers, and share ideas and resources during this challenging time.” Kate Saxton, St Martin-in-the-Fields Church, Coventry.
We are really excited to see what God has in store for the next season our ministry.
Will you help us?
Will you help us continue to equip leaders and invest in children and young people whatever life looks like now and in the coming months?
To continue serving we need to:
- Financially support our staff team who plan and lead events, train and mentor leaders, produce resources and much more
- Cover the running costs of our free or ‘costs only’ events for children and young people
- Share our resources for churches like the “100 steps to a Thriving Holiday Club”
Please pray for us as we look to the future.
- Thank God for the amazing testimonies shared in our News Update
- Thank Him that he has always been faithful and ‘paid for what he has ordered’!
- Pray that he would release funds for the next season of our ministry.
- If you don’t already receive them, please sign up for our prayer e-bulletins.
We would be so grateful if you would consider supporting us financially at this time. We rely on donations from supporters and your gift really will support churches in our local area to reach out and disciple children and young people during a very challenging time.
Here’s how you can support us financially.
- Set up a standing order online
- Make a one-off gift online
- Make a one-off gift by send us a cheque to our office address