Youth Growing Leaders is a course we run to enable Christian young people to grow in leadership gifting and ability. This page explains more about the course, includes some video testimonies, and explains how you can apply online.
Applications for this year have closed. To express interest in the next time the course will be running keep in contact here.
Who is it for?
The course is open to anyone who will be in Year 10 and above from September, is a committed Christian and feels that leadership may be something that they want to grow in.
- Do you want to understand more of what plans God has for you?
- Do you want to help lead others to know Jesus?
- Do you want to be more confident in your faith?
What is it?
Growing Leaders meets monthly from September 2023 to April 2024. The course runs for 8 sessions, including two sessions which are overnighters at St Swithin’s House, Barston, Solihull!
This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about leadership, identify your gifts and develop your character, helping you to grow and lead more like Jesus.
The course is designed for those who are Christian, who want to grow in Christian leadership, and want to learn how to effectively use the gifts God has given them.
What is Growing Leaders?
Youth Growing Leaders is a course that Thrive have run for a number of years and is adapted from Growing Leaders – Youth produced by CPAS.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about leadership, identify gifts and develop in Christ-like character, helping young people grow and lead more like Jesus.
Watch our promo video including testimonies from previous participants
Where and when?
The sessions will be at Whitnash Methodist Church from 7-9pm on the following days:
- Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th September 2023 (residential at St Swithin’s House)
- Wednesday 4th October 2023
- Wednesday 8th November 2023
- Wednesday 6th December 2023
- Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th January 2024 (residential at St Swithin’s House)
- Wednesday 7th February 2024
- Wednesday 6th March 2024
- Wednesday 10th April 2024
The course costs £165 per person. Most of this cost is for the accommodation and meals for the overnighters. It is possible to pay in instalments (£55 initial payment, followed by five monthly instalments between October-February of £22). If cost is an issue for you, please speak to your church about it and let us know, as we might be able to help. We don’t want the cost to prevent anyone from doing the course.
Who runs it?
Ryan McNair, a Youth Mission Enabler at Thrive Youth Ministries, hosts the course with different youth leaders from across the area.
How to apply
- Chat with your parents/guardians and your youth leader about whether they think this is a good time for you to do the course.
- Pray about it.
- As part of the course, you will be assigned a mentor who you should meet up with monthly to see how you’re getting on, what things are challenging you and to make sure you’re growing!
- There are limited spaces on the course, so it is of crucial importance that those chosen are able to commit 100% to this opportunity. By applying you are making a commitment to the course and will be expected to attend all the sessions.
- Apply here using our online application form. The earlier you apply, the better!
Find out what previous participants thought about the course
“I met lifelong friends. My relationship with God has grown massively and I’ve become a better person.”
“It was great learning about what gifts we have so we could work out which area of leadership we should be in.”